Your career choice Should suits your abilities, skills, ambitions and ideals, which determines your success of life.
You should identify your Assets and Aspirations;Recognizing Your Assets helps you to understand yourself & ensures you to make full use of your assets.
1. Your knowledge: you should know about subjects or course have you studied & your qualifications
2. Your skills: What you can do very well & what you can’t do
3.Your experience: Experience about your jobs / roles performed
4. Your interests: Your likes/ dislikes & hobbies /interests
5. Your resources: Who (or what organization) is prepared to help you? Either financially or overall
6. Focusing on Your Aspirations: Once you know your starting point, you should think through your ambitions and what you want to achieve with your life. A great way of doing this is to set goals.
This section on Personal Goal Setting helps you to think through what you want to achieve with your life in important areas such as your career, your family, artistic or sporting goals and public service.
If the major focus of your life is to spend a lot of time with your family, then you must recognize that this will limit the time and effort you can dedicate to your career. If you want to focus exclusively on your career, then you must understand and manage the consequences.
Bear in mind that your priorities will probably change over time – many people focus completely on their careers in their twenties as they make a place for themselves in the world. In their thirties, they may take more of a family focus. Other things may become important later on – this is a normal part of life.